We have briefly reviewed a study published by AIIM in July of 2012, The SharePoint Puzzle. Two findings captured our attention:
- The biggest on-going business issues with SharePoint systems amounted to “Lack of experse to maximize its usefulness” (quoted from the AIIM article) for over 45% of all respondents, and
- Most Respondents intend to spend between 30-40% of last year’s outlay on SharePoint training. This intention is within the same range as planned spend on SharePoint Development and Configuration as well as integrating SharePoint with other repositories
Based on these two prominent findings, we are confident that end user training remains an important topic of interest for most organizations (meaning IT for the majority of businesses included in this survey) sponsoring SharePoint.
Of course, the most important point is to determine how best to meet needs in the training area. We think that the optimum solution for end user training is, in fact, an integrated solution that includes:
- Consulting services, which can be called upon by the appropriate organizations at clients, to contribute to the formulation of a training plan. These plans must include road maps and a clear list of objectives
- Short, and, entirely to the point video training content that provides end users with task-specific instruction from a subject matter expert (SME) that can be revisited as often as required to ensure mastery
- A delivery method that provides end users with a highly attractive, simple to use access method for video training content as closely located to the SharePoint working environment as possible
- Unlimited access for power users, administrators, developers and architects to a large volume of video training content specifically designed to provide instruction for strategic SharePoint features like Access Services, Reporting Services and even project management entirely from no-code best practices
Each of these 4 features are available from Rehmani Consulting, Inc. With regard to pt 3, the delivery method, we need to note that we have recently debuted VisualSP™, which is a native SharePoint 2010 application that adds a ribbon-based access method for end users working in a SharePoint 2010 environment to get to the training they require, when they require it and entirely focused on a specific task at hand.
If your organization fits the model for a typical enterprise organization facing its needs for SharePoint development for the next year, you will likely need to revisit user training. We highly recommend that you take a look at our offerings. Please contact us by telephone at +1 (630) 786-7026. Alternatively, you can contact us by email with any questions you may have about individual and/or enterprise-level SharePoint training content, or training methods.
As ever, use this link to place an order for an annual subscription to SharePoint-Videos instructional content
© Rehmani Consulting Inc, all rights reserved